The Importance of Upgrades
It is important to maintain and enhance your system periodically to serve the changing needs of your business. The role that upgrades play in adding new functionality, improving business processes, can be critical to the success of your business. At Abel we suggest our clients need to plan for periodic updates just to ensure the reliability of mission-critical applications.
To ensure success of an upgrade, here are some areas to consider:
- Be sure to define the strategy and timing for ERP upgrades – the 'hows' and 'whys' and 'whens' as it were.
- Get support, build consensus and communicate your ERP strategy. Let stakeholders know what going on so you can build consensus and get the team on board.
- Consider the internal and external resources required for the upgrade
- Create a project plan for a successful upgrade with a basic timeline and a set of measurement criteria for your organization.
- Make sure that training is incorporated as part of the upgrade so that all new functionality is understood and can be effectively utilized by your team
If you consider these issues it will probably mean that completing upgrades will be relatively straight forward with little disruption to your organization while significantly upgrading your systems functionality.
With Abel ERP, you'll be able to:
- Streamline operations and get company-wide visibility.
- Get access to information anytime, anywhere to improve decision making and speed response times.
- Easily adapt to new manufacturing methods, changing customer requirements, and evolving business strategies.
- Get new products to market more quickly and profitably.
- Optimize inventory and production resources to increase efficiency.
- Improve quality and customer satisfaction.